To pose a question select a Category from the drop down box on the left, and then type the question in the “What is your question?” box. Once done, click the “Ask” icon. Please post a question once only. We shall endeavour to answer within seven days.
نحمد الله و نصلي علي رسوله الكريم
Before posing your question, please consider the following:
1. Do you intend practicing on the guidance received? If there is no such intention, please do not use this service.
2. If it is your intention to debate or argue on issues, kindly take note that this is not the correct forum.
3. We do not undertake to provide references or proofs for the answers provided.
4. Please do not use this service for the purpose of “fatwa-shopping”. Identify an Aalim in whom you have confidence and pose your question to him. Do not pose the same question to various Ulama for the purposes of comparison or to find an answer that suites you.
5. If you are posing a question for the purposes of studying, then note that the correct method of studying is to enrol at a suitable institute, or approach a reliable Aalim to offer you lessons in a structured manner. Distance learning via the site is not possible.
6. If you are undertaking research, completing a project or doing your homework, with respect the Ulama on this forum are not here to do your work for you.
7. The question should not be futile, unnecessary, imaginary or hypothetical.
8. Do not pose a long list of questions in one post. Two or three questions related to the same matter will be in order.
9. Pose your questions in clear, lucid and simple language. Avoid ambiguity and verbosity. Do not include unnecessary material in the question.
10. Please take note that your anonymity will be respected. Your email address will not appear on the site, but only your question and the answer. If for any reason you do not wish your question to appear on the site, it is your duty to clearly state when posing the same.
11. Kindly do not make mention of individuals’ names in your question.
12. If it is your intention to score points or to expose the faults of any person or organisation, kindly do not pose your question here.
13. Answers are provided in good faith. The Ulama assisting on this site are not legally liable, in any manner whatsoever, for the answers proffered. Similarly they cannot take responsibility for any person practicing or not practicing in accordance with the answers.
14. Answers are given based strictly on the information provided in the question. Therefore all answers must be read and considered in conjunction with the question. The Ulama assisting on this site do not vouch for the correctness of the information provided in the question, and cannot be expected to verify the same. Should the question change in any manner, then the previous answer shall be open to review. So for example you realise that you made a mistake in the question, reliance cannot be placed on the answer given to the question containing the error.
15. Answers that may have legal implications may not be used in any court of law or other similar forum. Those requiring such rulings are requested to approach a competent Darul Iftaa for a formal written fatwa.
16. Fiqhi issues are normally dealt with according to the Hanafi math-hab (school of thought). If you are a follower of the Shafi’ee, Maaliki or Hambali matha-hab, it is your duty to state so.
وَمَا عَلَيْنَا إِلَّا الْبَلاغُ الْمُبِينُ